Friday, November 12, 2010

Who is this Man?

Scripture: Mar 4:39-41 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

Observation: If you have ever spent much time on the sea, you quickly gain a love and respect for the power of the water. It is incredible how much physical power is in an ocean wave. They pound everything to dust eventually. Jesus simply speaks and that incredible power is removed.

Application: This was a turning point for the disciples who were fisherman. Still today, for many who know the sea it is a turning point for them. This man Jesus, is God. And if he is God, everything changes for you.

Prayer: I know that you are God Jesus. Forgive me of my wrong doings. Cleanse me of my filth. Make me a new person in you. Help me to follow you all of the days of my life. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment