Friday, November 12, 2010

The benefits of listening

Scripture: Mark 4:24-25 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given. For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.

Observation: Jesus had just finished sharing the interpretation of the Parable of the sower with his disciples. He told them to be sure they were rooted in the things of God, that they should be wary of Satan and the cares of this world, and that they should follow God with all of their heart and if they did so they would flourish. Now Jesus tells his disciples that they need to hear, listen, and do those things which they just heard.

Application: There is power in God's word. He has given us clear direction in his word that we should follow. The power is when we do what he has told us to do. When we do so, nothing can stop us. When we follow God, the power is not our own... but his.

Prayer: Dear Jesus, I pray that I would keep my eyes on you. I pray that I would listen to your Word. I pray that I would have understanding of your Word. I pray that I would do your Word and not be distracted by the things of this world. I trust you to provide that which you have said you will provide. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment