Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Powerful Word

Scripture: Luke 4:32 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.

Observation - Jesus spoke with great power, and with the authority of all mighty God. Wouldn't you like to hear him speak? God in his sovereignty has preserved the words of Jesus, and we can hear them today... just as they did 2000 years ago.

Application - The words of Jesus, and the Holy Spirit as recorded in scripture carry the same power as when they were spoken and recorded. The word of God is powerful, and we, by his spirit, carry the same authority of Jesus Christ when we are in alignment with his word. As believers we should consume his word, and we should utilize his word for his purposes.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, I love you Lord. Keep me this day in the center of your will. Let me walk in your authority and power through your word and your spirit. Keep me humble, and yet let me walk with your authority. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment