Saturday, September 25, 2010

Salty

Scripture: Matthew 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth but if the salt have lost his savour wherewith - shall it be salted it is thenceforth good for nothing but to be cast out and to be trodden under foot of men

Observation - In Leviticus 2:13 God said that every offering should have salt in it. In Mark 9:49-50, Jesus said that we need to have "salt in ourselves". Salt is a necessary mineral, without it we die. Too much of it and we also die. Salt was the primary means of preservation of food up until modern times. Salt was also used for purification and healing because no germs can live in it. So what did Jesus mean when he said " You are the salt of the earth"?

Application: We are supposed to be salty. We are supposed to be cleansing. We are supposed to be pure. We are supposed to be peaceful. We are supposed to be have zeal. We are supposed to do all these things in the earth. If we don't, we are not serving our purpose here.

Prayer: Dear Jesus, fill me with your spirit. Help me to be what you have called me to be. Help me to be God on earth. Help me to be a beacon of peace, power, and self control. Give me your peace, give me your power, give me your love. Wash me and I will be clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment