Sunday, August 1, 2010

Be Strong and Courageous

Scripture: Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Observation: When you are on God's side, you should have no fear, but rather courage! In the proceeding five verses, we see the reason Moses told Is real to be strong and courageous. First, they were following God, Second, they had a History ... they had seen what God would do if they followed his direction. And Third, they had Joshua to lead them.

Application: Jesus is our Joshua, he leads us and directs us. We need to follow God, see God work in our lives, and then follow him with every confidence.

Prayer: Dear Jesus, Lead me and guide me. I will follow you. I pray that your courage would fill my life as I follow you and that fear would be gone in your precious name. Praise the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment