Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Power of a Blessing

Scripture: Num 6:23-27 Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them, The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Observation: There is tremendous power in a blessing, especially when it comes from someone in the office of the priest. As followers of Jesus Christ, we have the office of Priest by being grafted into Jesus Christ when we dedicate our lives to serving him. We are adopted priests if you would (smile)! When we speak a blessing over someone, things are established in the supernatural which will affect the natural (although the supernatural is more real than the natural).

Application: We need to serve our Lord, daily. We need to speak his blessing over those whom the Holy Spirit prompts us to.

Prayer: Dear Jesus, I love you. I pray that this day I may serve you will all that I have. I pray that your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven, this day, through me. Open my heart, Open the eyes of my understanding so that I can see things they way you do. Lead me and guide me. Help me to let your words be my words. Help be to speak your blessing over those who need your protection and guidance. Thank You Lord for your love and your provision over our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment