Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bruised

Scripture: Lev 24:20 Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him [again].

Observation: Can you imagine being called into court, and being beaten for your punishment? Before the age of prisons, which are quite recent in our history, that was the means of justice.

Application: The Bible says we are all sinners, no one much argues with that. We are all guilty, and we all deserve to be called into court and beaten for our wrong doings. And the reality is that according the the law in Leviticus 24, we all deserve death. The Bible says that Jesus took our punishment upon himself so that we would not deserve punishment. He took our bruises, he took our disgrace, he took our death. How could he do that? He is God, he can do all things, and he did. But we have to accept his gift. If we refuse his gift, then we will have to give account for our own wrongdoings.

Prayer: Dear Jesus. Thank you for loving me so much that you took my punishment, when you didn't deserve it. Forgive me of all of the wrong things I have done. Fill me with your love and your spirit of peace. I dedicate my life to serving you, this day, and all the days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment