Sunday, March 21, 2010

Let it Be

Scripture: Exd 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Observation: "I AM" is the Hebrew word Hayah, which means to exist: Past, present, future. The best English equivalent is the forms of the word "Be", of which "I AM" is the present tense. All tenses are implied here, I Am, I was, I will be. In fact in the book of Revelations God uses all three tenses to say his name. In Revelations 1:8 God says "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty"

Application: God is eternity, he exists in the eternal. His ways don't always translate well into the past, or the present, or the future exclusively. In fact we can look at what he did in the past, without considering what he will do in the future, and it wont make any sense. Or we can look at prophesy in the future without looking at what he did in the past or present and that wont make any sense. Our brains dont process eternal existence well, we are time based creatures, but our destiny is eternity.

Prayer: Dearest Jesus, we love you Lord. I know that you have only good in your heart for me, and I trust you, even when I don't understand what you are doing. Help me to understand your works, and yet be wary of the devil who seeks to destroy your works.

No comments:

Post a Comment